Thursday, January 29, 2009

Life or Something Like it...

...as I sit here and think about how I wish so many things were different in my life and how my life would be so much better if some things were different I think about how lucky I am. I went and sat through a 21 year old boy's funeral yesterday...made me think maybe my life isn't so bad. I see my sisters best friends going through so much from losing a sweet precious little baby girl to now finding out her new precious baby girl may have serious problems too. I have an Aunt who waited and did everything right and has my beautiful and wonderfully blessed Cousin Jessica who has down syndrome. I just wonder sometimes why things happen to some people...good people who did everything right.

Now with having said that...I think Laurie's best friend Melissa is amazing! She is so strong and with everything that she is faced with I feel like she becomes more and more amazing and stronger...oh how I hope I can be as strong as she has been if anything like that happens to me. Gin-Gin and Uncle Kenny are AMAZING with Jessica! And there is not a child more loved than that little 8 yr old piece of Heaven! Everything happened so quick with Jessica and its like Gin-Gin and uncle Kenny never even blinked an eye to it. And honestly I don't think anyone else could've and still do raise and treat Jessica any better! She is a lucky girl and I think everyone would agree that we are all more blessed by having her in our lives.

The 21 yr old officer that died here in Montgomery...well I am just perplexed. It is the farthest thing from your mind to think about a police officer dying from anything but a job related injury...but he did. It was no one's fault, there is no one for the family to be mad at..it was just a horrible accident. As I sat there at the funeral yesterday I observed so many things. I watched his mom and all of his family and thought how proud they must've been of him. I watched his fiancee' sit there and it was just like it was pure unbelief on her face. I just can't imagine being in either positiion. Losing a child...I don't know what it is like having a child of my own flesh and blood to begin with but I can not imagine losing one of my sisters. And as for losing my finacee'...I just can't imagine it!

I say all that not to say I am going to stop taking risk or going to stay in my house and never leave, but I say it to say I am going to stop taking life for granted. And stop assuming the most important people are always going to be around and start living for God and today! :)

And an added side note is talking about not taking Life for granted...michelle is on the brink of having baby Morgan! I am super super excited! Her little nursery is precious and I am just so excited for Michelle and Justin. So I am saying that to say Michelle I'm pumped about Morgan and its going to be so exciting when she gets here!!

2 comments:

The Holtons said...

Sweet thoughts! You just have to handle what God gives you, be thankful for it and always trust in HIM! Love you-

LaurieR said...

that was a really good post. ily :)