- My sweet little Ellie is getting so stinkin big!!! She is much more attentive now and doesn't like to be left to entertain herself while we do other stuff around the house. She is just the most incredible thing that has ever happened to out family and I do believe that is true. Mom and Dad both think they were "born to be grandparents" :) We get to see them this weekend and I am excited about that! Below are just some of the most recent pictures I have taken on my phone! :) She isn't loved at all if you can't tell :)
And mommy couldn't have been any prouder when she put this bow in her hair and didn't have to clip it on a headband. I honestly for the first time saw my sisters "proud moment" as a mommy. It made me smile. We really are growing up....a little bittersweet for me.
2. Meet Matt. This is Laurie's boyfriend. We love him. Couldn't be a nicer guy and really couldn't get along with the family any better. So super nice and he always gets the comments "Wow you are so nice....." or "You are too nice for her :)" Obviously we are kidding and I wouldn't want anything but the best for Laurie and I can honestly say I have NEVER seen her this happy. I think that makes everyone in my family happy. :)
3. It's 6 months from today that I will officially be off work for 2 WHOLE WEEKS and getting ready for my wedding. Hopefully at this point we will be getting everything set up for the reception and buying last minute stuff. Also let me put in right here that I really am blessed with the best friends who are more like family ever. This particular friend is going through major struggles in her life and all she can do is ask what she can help with for my wedding, and what she can buy. Have I mentioned that I really have the best friends ever? Because I do. I also covet your prayers for her and her family. I am afraid big changes are about to happen with them and I know she needs all the prayers she can get.
4. Almost 3 months from today my best friend will have her little boy. That is weird for me to say out loud....or type :) It seems like just yesterday we were going through all the motions of planning her wedding and getting everything ready...hard to believe I am helping host her baby shower on Saturday.
5. I think it's funny how when I was 15 it was hard for me to imagine being 25 and how I would be so OLD then.....boy how wrong I was.....now being 25 (not too far from being 26) I feel like I shouldn't be 25....not sure if that makes sense or not. But it's hard for me to believe that I am actually 25, and that Louise has a baby, and that I am getting married, and that Laurie has a boyfriend that we all love and haven't known but for a couple months....and that mom and dad are grandparents......funny how life happens when you aren't looking.
Well I guess that is all I have to say today.....I am about to walk into an hour and a half meeting about financial aid....yes I know I love my job :) Hope everyone has a happy Thursday!