Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The holidays...

...are officially over! :( A little bittersweet for me bc they were amazing this year! I know I am a little behind so instead of writing one REALLY REALLY long blog I am going to break it up and blog each day this week and hopefully that will take care of everything I need to catch everyone up on!

Today's Topic is Christmas! There is not a word to better describe my Christmas excpet wonderful!! In fact it just finished up this past Sunday!! But I will start back at the beginning. :)

We started out going to the Transiberian Orchestra on SAturday the 21st of Decemeber. It was amazing!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it!! Me, Mom, Dad, and Laurie all went. After that we met Louise and Dirt for dinner then Dirt had to head back to Montgomery while the 3 of us girls headed to TRenton with Mom and DAd. The next 3 days would be so much fun!! Sunday we went to church with mom and dad and Sunday night I got to see Nate's mom and Dad and sister bc they came to chruch at Trenton to pick up Nate's big preent that I had found down in Montgomery but that she needed to have before he got home for Christmas! So they came and it was great seeing them, then after chruch Momma had her lady's ornament swap party and all 3 of us were there and it made her soooo happy!! We played some fun games and found out alot about some people we didnt know! (All good things of course!!! :)) Then Monday we got up and drove to GRandma's house for Christmas with mom;s side of the family. It was really really good to see them and get to spend some time with them. I haven't seen them in a year at least so it was good. And I think it made Grandma's whole year. We left there Tuesday afternoon to go and finish up some Christmas shopping and then headed home to get some shut eye before our family Christmas. Dirt arrived in Trenton that night and I don't think I have seen daddy any happier to see another male!! The estrogen was a bit much for him for 4 days!! We got up and had Christmas Wednesday morning (Christmas Eve day) and it was so amazing!! Mom and Dad did entirely too much as they always do but it was greatly appreciated!! Faulkner will be loving my new work clothes in the coming weeks!! :)

Nate drove to the house and met us after we had opened our gifts so we could open our gifts with him! It was fun and brunch was amazing!! After brunch, Nate and I left to go to his house for the rest of the week. That day we left we had his Dad's side of the family Christmas. They play dirty santa on both his mom and dad's sides so not as much money is spent. The Woodring side holds nothing back when playing Dirty Santa so it was sooo much fun! That night after everyone had left Nate's house (thats where the woodring christmas was held) we all just kinda settled down and got all the last minute things done for Santa to come the next morning! And needless to say he did!! Santa did GREAT for me all the way around!! I am very blessed with my family and Nate's family! That Friday and saturday were filled with Wedding stuff bc Nate's cousin was getting married and he was singing in the wedding. So ew had to do the rehearsal thing and the actual ceremony. But all was well and Nate knew it was going to be a rough 2 days for me so he planned the best day ever for me on Saturday!! He was the sweetest boy on Saturday!! (If you want details I will be more than happy to tell but its a little lengthy for the blog! That would be a blgo in itself!) And Sunday we went to church and just visited some more with his family! He had to work again on Monday but I was still off for another week so I was still pretty excited!!

on Monday we fed the Basketball team from Faulkner. (We being me, laurie, and louise.) It was fun but man by the time it was over I was exhausted! But me and laurie were not through!! We went and dog or puppy hunted at the shelters for a little puppy for Devin! And found one and came home with Lucy!! (See Laurie's blog for pictures!!) Dev was the happiest little boy I have ever seen! It definitely was the best gift of christmas! The rest of the week went by so fast and was spent being lazy and washing and packing in preparation to leave for Valdosta on Friday.

Dirt, Louise, Nate, and I all loaded up at 6 and headed down to Valdosta! We got there about midnight and we had so much fun!! Saturday we had breakfast with the family and then visited for the rest of the day til dinner time when we met at Gin-Gin's for mexican night!! It was delicious!!! Saturday night we played the wii til nearly 11 and Louise and Dirt fell in love with it! I fell in love with the wii fit...and Nate has a wii so a wii fit will be invested in! And louise and dirt fell so much in love with it that the actually bought one last night! :) It was much needed I am sure for them! Gives louise something fun to do besides clean and scrapbooking and card making....even though this may slow her craftiness down! :) haha just kidding louise! But Sunday we got up and went to church with Papa and Nana. Nate led singing and papa preached! It was great! Sunday afternoon we had lunch and Christmas!! Both of which was amazing!! :) WE ended up staying for church adn then some much needed fellowship time at the best mexican restuarant ever....El Toreo! Then it was back to montgomery and all Christmas was over...last night the Christmas tree even came down with some help from Leslie, Ashley and Brooke...and Nate for dragging it out to the road for me! :)

I was sad to have to come back to work beacuse I really feel as if I need to be independently wealthy and not have to work! :) Don't we all though!! Well I will update more later! And I will post just a blog with pictures!! :)

3 comments:

The Holtons said...

Great recap! We loved having you down-come back soon!! Love ya-

Louise said...

I love the new background!!!! And yes, if I ever feel better, the Wii will slow down the craftiness!! :) But maybe not too much!

Blake and Taylor said...

Hello Love! I am glad that you finally updated your blog! And I think that we both should be wealthy that way we wouldnt have to work and you could come to washington all the time!!! I miss you and I love you!