Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year, New Goals and Resolutions!

So as I previously told you I was going to blog every day this week so I am! So here goes nothing...this one will be semi serious! So get ready!

So there are many things that I hope 2009 brings for me! i want this year to be the best year I have ever had...and in doing so its going to take a little changing on my part. So below are some goals, or resolutions that i want for 2009!

1. My relationship with God to be stronger. I wouldn't consider my relationship with God bad by any means, but we could all be a little closer than we are...always room for improvement in that area! :)

2. My relationship with my family. This past year has been hard and stressful because of 2 main factors, my job and Nathan. My job has me very stressed out and busy 90% of the year. So around Christmas time is the only time I really get to relax and not stress. :) And well Nathan because we just started dating this year and with a new boyfriend comes a new person thrown into the mix and well going from when it was just me and Laurie, to now me and Nathan and hardly any Laurie, I am going to do better. I feel like we are out of that stage, I mean granted I like being around him obviously or I wouldn't be with him! :)

3. My outlook on my job! I have an amazing and wonderful job!! I really do love it and I take it for granted alot. I know there are alot of times that I absolutely hate it but overall it really is the best job and I am going to start trying to be more positive!

4. Keeping in touch with my friends and family that aren't in Montgomery! :) I promise I know this is a BIG one and I am really going to try my hardest to do better about this!!

5. Keeping my house clean and decent! Right now it is crazy at our house! We have Ashley who is soon to be moving out and Leslie who moved in already and Laurie and I who are a little unorganized to begin with! :) Hopefully though things will start to settle down here within the next couple of weeks and we will all be a little bit better. We took some of Christmas down so it has already started to feel more spacious! :)

6. This is one that I am really going to have to work hard at. My attitude. I have the rottenest attitude sometimes and I am thoroughly aware of it (personally and Louise and Laurie are quick to remind me! :)). I am the baby and I am spoiled. I am a daddy's girl to the fullest except recently have became a slight momma's girl! I guess its funny how that changes for girls as they grow up...they start to need their momma a little bit more than they used too! But I am going to do my best to work on my attitude and have a "Heart of a Servant" some would say :)

7. Do something little for one person every week just so they know someone is thinking about them. There is this woman that works at the school in the cafe and 2008 had to have been the worst year ever for her. She lost her new born baby and her momma all in the same year. I can not imagine her pain and suffering that she has gone through! (Keep her in your prayers too....Mrs. Diane is her name) But Louise and i were talking at lunch and she is one I think we are both going to go out of our way to try and make things better for her. I am sure Laurie will want to participate in this too since she was close to her also! (And yes if you were wondering we LOVE the cafe ladies and they LOVE us!! If you dont believe us....just take a gander back to all 3 of our college days pictures! Laurie's especially!! LOL Just kidding Lauriee!! :)

8. Be more thankful and giving! I am blessed far beyond belief! And do not deserve everything nor everyone I have in my life! I am richly blessed with an amazing family and wonderful friends! I have a boyfriend that loves me and whose family does too! I could not be anymore blessed than I am! I am also going to follow in my big sisters footsteps and be better about sending cards! I know that snail mail is the best thing I get, and everyone I have talked to loves it too! So I am going to do my best to stay on top of my card writing!

9. And finally I am just going to be happy! As much as I possibly can! And try not to let every little thing bother me! Happiness is a decision. The happiest people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything! :)

Well I think 9 things for 2009 is enough! So I will leave you with some words of wisdom from my papa and daddy....WE WERE GREAT IN 2008 SO LETS BE FINE IN 2009!!! :):)

6 comments:

Louise said...

I am laughing out loud about fine in 2009!! If you want, me, you, Laurie and Leslie can have a card making party sometime!!! :) It will be fun!!!

Leslie P. said...

That sounds SOOOOOOOOOO fun! Great Blog BTW!

Bev said...

Do all those things and you will be a real champion in life! Ha! Love you just the way you are--enjoyed your breif stay and meeting Nathan, take care and happy 2009.

Adawk said...

you and Laurie unorganized??? I am SHOCKED!!! Glad I got to see you, maybe I could get a card...and maybe I will send you, NOT LAURIE one:)

Courtney said...

Love your 9 things for 2009!! And yes- we do LOVE the cafe ladies and they LOVE us too! Man...I really miss the cafe!

The Peebles said...

I LOVE YOU!!! Great blog & great aspirations!!! PS - It is Jan 9th & you are doing a great job staying in touch with me this year...YAY YOU!!!