Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Its just one of those days....

I am just in a funky mood today. Not happy but not sad either...just kinda blah. Know that feeling I am talking about? That I just want to lay in bed and watch sappy girl movies day...that is my feeling today. Not really sure why, I don't have any reason to be in this mood but I just am. So needless to say, it is taking some hard self motivation to make me work today.

But I think now would be a great time to blog about one friend that has really been around a while but she is like a fine wine...she only gets better with time :) (Ok its cheesy and I don't drink at all much less wine so I really wouldn't be that good of a wine consesour (sp???) but I hear the older it is the better...but only hearsay.)Ashley Peebles has been the most amazing friend the past few months especially!! She has always been one of my best friends but lately she has really came through for me! Just today I was telling her about what a blah day I was having and her response was for me to think about all the wonderful things I have in my life....a wonderful and healthy family, a great boyfriend, the best friends a girl could ask for, me being healthy, and to be living in the best country in the world! And she is right. I am so blessed far beyond what I deserve!!! But I look up to Ashley so so much! In so many different ways I do. Her marriage with Daniel is amazing and I would kill to have that kind of marriage. They truly love each other so much and both of them are so much fun and they have so much fun together. That's what I want. And she is an amazing mother. She has so much fun with Charley and Colin. I know that she longs for some adult time because about 85% of her life right now is spent with toddlers but I think deep down and I know she wouldn't trade it for the world. And I love that about her. For all of you that don't know she is living in England with her husband and 2 little ones. She is extremely happy I know but I also know it gets hard being so far away from all of their family and friends. And even if all that is sad and getting her down at times she is still so positive and I feel bad even complaining to her! :) But hopefully here within the next 6 months we will be visiting her and the kiddos and Daniel to keep her company! But I just wanted to blog for a minute and let her know how appreciated she is and how much I love and miss her!! :) Love you Ash and thanks for making my day better! :)

3 comments:

Leslie P. said...

What a nice post! Hope your day gets better!! The Mexican (food) had to help a little bit right???

LaurieR said...

Nice post. She is a good friend, hope you're having a better day! ily

The Peebles said...

Well Leigh Walker what the crap is all the lying about??? Here I am just catching up your "el bloggo" (as I like to call it) & I almost choke on my ice when I saw my name. I am sure that you mis-typed the name & certainly meant someone else but for whatever the reason thank you my dear for the compliments however untrue they may be. You were right about one thing....I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
PS - Cant wait for you to come visit!!!