Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our New Roomie...AKA "Suga Momma"

So this blog is dedicated just to Leslie! She is great!! She has brought so so soooo many great things to my life and I think to Laurie's life also! When Ashley told us that she was moving out, Laurie and I started talked about how we needed to have a 3rd roommate to help us with rent and utilities. It just works better that way. So we started our selective looking. (Side Note: For those of you that just know the sweet Laurie and I...well living with us is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE!!! You get the little bit of good, the BAD AND THE UGLY!! Not saying we are bad roommates, neither of us have lived with other people than siblings in a LONG LONG time so we are accustomed to each other and each others ways and its hard for us to get in the habit of changing them when other people move in.) So in our selective looking, through girls nights we had both gotten to know Leslie better and better and both decided she would be a good roommate. So we talked to her and she told us she was looking for some where to live right now too! So mid-December she moved in. Its a little cramped having me, Laurie, Ashley and her dog Maya, Leslie and George but its only til the end of January and we can live with that.

Yesterday I was having just a blah day (refer to my post below and it will explain itself) and she text me about 11ish and told me that we were going to eat mexican and that she was going to pay. And since I am broke as a joke right now that was a GREAT thing to hear. So not only did she take me out to eat she took laurie too. WHich alone was sweet enough. And it just made me feel better to just be able to sit and talk with her and Laurie. It was nice. Then last night, I worked late working on JEWELS (Faulkner's girls youth rally they host every year) and when I got home our "suga momma" had got pizza for us too!! (Another side note....my 2 favorite dishes...Mexican and Pizza!!!) I was so excited.

All of this to say that she is amazing and I am so glad she and George are in our lives! :) They bring a lot of sanity and good food to our household!! Love you Les!!! Thanks for being a great friend and cheering me up yesterday!

6 comments:

LaurieR said...

YAY for Leslie and George!!! Also, very well written about our selective looking! ily

Louise said...

Leslie...there is a third sister...just a reminder! :) JK!!! Glad ya'll could relax yesterday!!

The Holtons said...

Be sure to prepare Leslie for the FAVORITE Aunt. I'll be in town soon!!!

The Peebles said...

Awwwww YAY Leslie! Perfect roomie choice! I wish I could be there for all that fun girl time! So glad she is there to take care of you two & always bring a smile to your face :)
PS - Leslie you can come take care of me & my clan anytime...I like Pizza too! (I dont think they have Mexican Restaurants in England though :(

Leslie P. said...

SUGAR MAMMA HERE! That is so funny! The only reason I have money is because I have a boyfriend that works nights so I never get to see him and then he puts me to work on the weekends stripping wallpaper and painting (ugh). Anytime you want Mexican just HOLLA! Thanks for the shout out in your blog!!!

T. Brodie said...

I am so glad to be able to share her with you. Though our "roomie" times are long over, she's great. PS, I need to come visit too!