Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reflecting

Yesterday we found out that 2 of our Faulkner football players were killed in an accident coming back to school yesterday early morning. As I sit here and think about that I just can not imagine the pain and agony that their families are suffering. I walk around campus and all I see is all these boys so sad and distraught. I see friends of theirs just looking pitiful and I think about how lucky I am.

I had a HUGE project for work that I was working on all day yesterday (Literally from 8 am to 7 pm). And even though my mind had to be focused on it, I found myself drifting back to thinking about it and how bad those families must be hurting. After my project was done I went and sat in the Grill with some friends. We reflected on it all 4 of us but it was when 2 of them left that really opened my eyes. Brooke Bailey I think is truly a God sent angel into my life. We sat there after the boys had left and we talked about everything that had gone on. And she let me into some parts of her life about how she lost one of her best friends last year and how hard it was for her. It just breaks my heart and got me thinking. I have never really experienced death with close friends and family. My granddaddy dying in June of 99 was the only close relative that really affected me. (Don't get me wrong I have been to a TON of funerals and probably will go to alot more if I live long enough but none have been within my immediately family) I can not imagine losing anyone really close to me. I am blessed beyond belief and I can not say enough how thankful I am. I know this blog kinda is random and all over the place but its just somethings that I have been thinking about. Please please please keep these families in your thoughts and prayers as the next couple of days and weeks are going to be so extremely tough.

Also, with all the activities of yesterday I didn't get to get on here but it was daddy's 53rd birthday!!! Happy Birthday Daddy!! And don't worry your 53 things is coming!!! :)

2 comments:

Brooke Bailey said...

I love you Leigh. Today is the first day that's gone by that I haven't seen your pretty face =(
I'll come see you tomorry

Jamie G. Walker said...

Sweetheart ~ I wish we didn't have to deal with death but it is one of 2 things that will happen to all of us.It's not pleasant and never convenient but God will help us through it and we have been praying that for all envolved. Lu!