Monday, June 14, 2010

The Situation.....

Well I have officially started my braces process! And boy has it been a heck of a week! Last Wednesday I went for my appt to have 2 (of the 4 TEETH I HAVE TO HAVE REMOVED) teeth pulled. I was very VERY nervous about all of this. I went to the Dr. with Michelle, who bless her heart didn't know what she was getting her self into with me...I wasn't really sure how long it would take but when I asked the dental hygienist that was helping she said, "oh, maybe 10-15 minutes max!", which I was glad of bc Michelle had taken off to take me. (Laurie and Louise both offered but Louise was leaving to go out of town this week and Laurie had a Dr. appt in Anniston and she needed to rest so Michelle was more than willing to help!) Well 2 hours after she had told me that I was done. He told me I would be sore because my teeth were in there good....(I must insert that it was here that I said....well you idiot teeth that have been in my bone for 25 YEARS ARE NOT MEANT TO COME OUT!! I think that was part of God's plan right?!?) But anyways, I bit my numb tongue and just smiled, as much as I could since I was numb to my ear on my left side.
SO Michelle stopped and filled my pain medication and then took me to the house. I was a little emotional and just cried when I talked to Nate on the phone after I left. I was in NO pain at that point because I was still so numb which was great but I guess I just dreaded the numbness wearing off! And boy was I right!! I was absolutely miserable! And Have been up until last night when I finally found some good stuff to make the pain go away and BOY DID IT WORK! I will be doing that little diddy from now on! :)
So next appt is on the 24th of this month....hopefully it wont be as bad but I am so dreading not being able to chew on either side...I know I will be happy with the end result but man I am so not happy with it right now. So I guess as I continue to update "the situation" I just ask for your prayers during all of this....I am very nervous and to be honest probably more vain than anything else.
But hopefully within the next month my mouth will look like this:





1 comments:

Mrs. Colson said...

Wow... dental work is never fun! What kind of braces will you be getting? How long will you wear them? Well, you know what they say... Beauty is pain... right? :)