Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Family Reunion 2010

This past weekend we had our annual Palmer Family Reunion! This is all of my Nana's side of the family and it is always something I look forward to!! It is so fun to see all of my cousins and catch up on what is going on in their lives!
We left out on Friday afternoon/night to head to Lake Guntersville, near Huntsville, to meet up with Mom and Dad, who had been there already for a day! Dirt, my brother in law, was so excited about taking the Jeep, which is his pride and joy and it is so very nice and so fun, with top down all the way up there! And me and Louise, knowing what submissive women we are agreed happily! :) (LOL) We loaded up our jackets and headed north! About when we got to Clanton we started smelling rain, you know the smell rain has! Me and Louise just looked at each other....little further down the road we started seeing lightning! I could see the boys snickering in the front seats and me and Louise just kept on smiling....little bit longer and my brother in law turns around and ask if we want to wait it out...well in true Walker fashion, Louise shoots back with " Well no, it could rain all night!" So we stopped to get gas and while there the boys pulled the soft top over, so we were a little sheltered but still had no windows or doors :) But Louise and I just smiled and scooted close to each other and sang our little hearts out to Cornerstone! :)
It only rained for about 20 minutes maybe and then is was smooth sailing from there! Made it to the Chalae about 10:15pm and the boys were headed out to bow fish. From what I hear Dad was pretty stinkin excited about going fishing and Dirt bringing the boat! :) They had a pretty exciting night too...maybe one day we can blog about that but I just feel like that is a story that Dirt and Nathan must tell in person...wouldn't do it justice to blog it! :) But Saturday it rained and we got some good visiting time with the cousins and Mom. :) These are a few of my pics from the family reunion! The little girl is Hollie, my little cousin! She is so fun and I REALLY hope Louise post the videos of her talking about Ellie! :) TOO CUTE! :)

This is me and Brice! He is absolutely precious!! I just love his little face!
Me and Nate....It was absolutely beautiful up there!
I just thought this was a precious picture. Like father like son...with balding anyways! :)


Shannon and Darl! Darl is out cousin who was diagnosed with lymphoma and has recently had a stem cell transplnat and he looked amazing! It was so wonderful to see him!



This is generation #4 of the Palmers! (Missing a couple of course!)

Oldest and Youngest....taken every year!
Nana and her 2 sisters. Papa is the only spouse still alive.

Our "Copeland" side of the family

Me and Hollie :) Love this girl!

Me, Aunt Harriet, and my dad :)

Hollie saying "CHEEEEESSSSEEE" :)


2 comments:

LaurieR said...

Looks like fun as always! Wish I could have been there! Next year Ellie will be the youngest!!!!

ily

Adawk said...

Louise looks good!!...and so do you:)