Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Weekend with the boys!! =)

Well the past few weeks have been crazy crazy busy! We have had visits after visits here at Faulkner and personally I had 20 visitors last week alone! So my week personally was so super busy! =) But the weekend came and boy was I in for a fun weekend!

On Friday Dirt, Nathan and I had thrown around the idea about going to watch Samantha play in the quarter finals at Andrews College in Cuthbert, GA. Louise was going to be out of town doing the Prison Ministry Workshop in Birmingham so Dirt was flying solo. :) We had all discussed it and decided that if we hurried we could all leave at 5 on the dot and get there in time to at least see the 2nd half of the game...well after texting GinGin about our plan she quickly said that would not be the case...so I started texting Nathan asking him if he could get off any earlier. He said he would see and by 4:30 he called and said he was at home and showering! I was pumped! I had talked to Dirt and he was on his way to his house so I went and got gas and went to pick up the boys. Nathan, who lives literally right behind Louise and Dirt, walked over and Dirt jumped in the car and we were off! Excited, car full of gas and Nathan driving we were officially on our way! I was so excited...Dirt was in a super good mood and Nathan was excited too! Walker was also going to the game but left earlier so he could see the whole game! (3:30 was too earlier for all of the worker bees. Man I wish so much I was still in college on days like that!)

We got there beginning of the 3rd quarter and it was soo soo soo much fun! Samantha did a GREAT job even though they did not advance in the tournament! And I must admit GinGin and Kaka were the BEST cheerleaders by far! I informed Dirt and Nathan that it would be in all of our best interest to participate in EVERY crowd cheer they did...and we all did. We sat beside Papa and Nana and Kristen. Kristen was in rare form and I was PUMPED to know she was thinking about coming back to Montgomery to pursue her cosmetology degree!! I was so so so excited! having Walker, Kristen and Samantha all in Montgomery next year will be great even if its for a semester!! :) Here are some pics I stole from GinGin...I would like for her to post the one of me and the boys if she could so I can show ya'll a visual from my weekend. Maybe thats not too much to ask Gin??? Pretty pretty please!! :) But here are a few I stole!

Here are the grandkids that went to the game minus Walker...I think he may have been in the bathroom! =)


Me and Kristen and her rockin hot new hair cut...ok well maybe not new but new to me!! I love it!

All in all it was a great night Friday night! Saturday was Scholars' Day here at Faulkner so I was up and at the school by 8 that next morning! Then after Scholars' Day, Dirt and I went to the Faulkner basketball game and Nathan came and met us when he got off. That night we (Me, Louise, Dirt and Nathan) went to try a new Mexican restaurant and I was not too impressed. Then I was exhausted and layed on Nathan's couch and fell asleep while watching a movie then headed home after it was over.

Sunday was great and Shawn, Mindy, Katie, Jessie, and Gavin were all in town for scholars day so Sunday afternoon Me, Nate and Louise went and met them at Red Lobster and it was delicious! Dirt had prison ministry Sunday afternoon and Laurie was sleeping since Sunday night we had our Young Professionals and Elders get together after church. It went over so good! It was great to get to meet all the elders and talk to them about what we want to do and our ideas we have for doing the Lord's work! It was very uplifting! All in all it was a great weekend! Sorry its so long and sorry I have not posted lately... :)

3 comments:

The Holtons said...

Glad you caught up, if you would post more often they wouldn't have to be so long! :)

Lindsay and Willis said...

I'm so jealous that I didn't get to go to the game on Friday and see you!! Hope you're doing great!

Louise said...

I'm just going to send everyone here for an overview of my weekend!! :) Much easier on me today!! :)