Friday, May 27, 2011

THE HOUSE

Welcome to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Nathan Woodring :)

1818 St. Charles Avenue

Montgomery, AL 36107

(Yes I am a nerd I know :))

I am going to take you through a walk through of the house!

These are all the pictures before we painted :) When we get done I will update with painted pictures!
Below is the living room.....through those doors on the right is where our sun room is....I absolutely love that there is a sun room! I can just see the Christmas tree there!!! The floors are all original hard wood with the exception of the bathroom and part of the kitchen. :)




This is another view of the living room!! I absolutely LOVE those built in shelves!!! They are a nicknack heaven!! My mom would die to have those shelves in her house! :)




And for my absolute favorite part of the house.......The dining room and kitchen.....ok seriously I gave up an extra bathroom because I LOVE this kitchen and dining room so much! We I absolutely love entertaining and this dining and kitchen area will allow me to and I am really so excited!!!

Look at the gorgeous china cabinet! The guy that remodeled it took 2 china cabinets and cut them in half and put one half on the floor with the draws and one half he hung on the ceiling with built in lights.....I just absolutely ABSOLUTELY am in love with it!!!

Then this is the first view of the kitchen from the living/dining room. :) I am such a nerd I absolutely am getting excited like it's the first time as I write this!! :) Y'all I LOVE this kitchen! Love it!! It is big enough that we can have family get togethers and there is enough counter space that mom doesn't get crowded...because let's be honest she still likes to be the main cook at family affairs and well I am completely fine with it! :) I love the tall cabinets!!! I need that storage space! :)



This is the back view of the kitchen, I am standing in the back door taking this picture.....look at the pantry at the end with a counter in between the 2 tall cabinets! Isn't that great?!?!
And this is the last view of the kitchen....if you haven't picked up on it yet I love this kitchen! LOVE IT! Look at the extra counter space there on the end with all of those outlets!! Is that sad that I get excited about outlets?!?! I hate searching for outlets and having to move when you are doing stuff!

Right beside the kitchen is our room.....these rooms are nice and big which I absolutely love!! :) The closets are a little small but I thinking an amoire would be great in this room! :)


Right beside our room is the bathroom. I love love love the granite/slate tile work in the bathroom! Absolutely love it!

This is the extra bedroom! They previous owners had it as their baby's room but we will not be having one of those right now so we are definitely going to have to paint this a more neutral color! :) But again it's so big and so nice!!

And here is my other favorite part! The back yard!! It already has a swing up for Ellie to come over and play with and I already have in the works that we are going to get a swing for out here!! I just think it will be the perfect place for a back yard bbq~ And it has a fire pit and a little fountain back there! Oh I just love it!!! And I have a great friend from work who is going to help me get my yard in tip top shape!! Oh I am so excited!!!


Ok so the only thing I forgot to take pictures of is our sun room and the front of the house.....so I will do that this weekend and report back! :)



There have been so many people that have helped, prayed, painted, and a little bit of all of the above over the past few weeks and I could not have done it with out them....and most of all I couldn't have done it with out my absolutely wonderful fiance' making sure we got this house....if this is how the next forever years go I can already tell, you will not find a happier woman! I am a a lucky girl I tell ya!

So whenever you are in Montgomery come on by and see our perfect first home!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I love everything about it...the wood floors, all of it! Congratulations!

Kristi said...

I love it! And, I love all the excitement in your voice. Having a first home is so great and you will have so many great memories made there. Congratulations!

Rebecca said...

So happy for you guys!!! I love everything about this home!!

Ollie said...

I love the kitchen and all the paint colors are great. The hardwood floors are beautiful. Congrats on your house.

Ashley said...

How exciting! I love your kitchen too...and those outlets ARE something to get excited about! :)

Kimberly Washer said...

Agreed! The outlets are awesome and definitely worth some celebration!! This is such a great house!! Congrats!!