Monday, May 2, 2011

116 Days and counting!

Yes ma'am! It's getting down to the nitty gritty! And now I am starting to stress a little bit.....until now I have been laid back and ready for August to get here and now that it is approaching faster and faster, I am thinking....I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO! (Ok maybe I am exaggerating a little bit but I feel like the whole stinkin world is one my shoulders!)

So in the next few minutes and I am going to let you into a little bit of my world for the next 3 1/2 months!


  1. Invitations-Yep still haven't ordered them....oh wait I still haven't even picked them out! I am just at such a crossroad about them.....I don't want to spend a fortune on them but I don't want to look back and regret not getting the ones I want.....dilemma #1.

  2. Reception ideas- I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I WANT TO DO......I have order most of the linens and such, I think. I am still up in the air at whether or not I have enough just plain white table clothes ordered. And I have absolutely no clue how I want to decorate....I don't want it to be tooo simple but I don't want it to be overwhelming either....dilemma #2

  3. Shoes- I have bought 3 pair of wedding day shoes.....Now obviously I have a TINY addiction to shoes but none the less, I still have to make a decision.....Dilemma #3

  4. Finishing up my bridesmaid gifts- I have 9 bridesmaid and all of them mean so much to me and have done so much for me over the past few months and I feel like they deserve the best....dilemma #4

  5. Groomsmen gifts- We need to figure out what color the guys ties will be....I have absolutely no clue at all! Dilemma #5

  6. Honeymoon stuff- Some would say we should probably buy our airplane tickets for the honeymoon but evidently that just hasn't been the top priority! Dilemma #6

  7. Nate's wedding gift- I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO GET HIM!!! I have had some good/ some a little out there ideas but none that have just jumped out at me that said "THIS IS IT!" dilemma #7

  8. My hair-I have no clue what I am going to have done to it....not a stinkin clue! Ideas are welcomed!

On another note, more exciting note.....I think Nate and I have found our first house! I am so excited and I just think it's perfect! Absolutely perfect! I couldn't be happier and he is a good man for making it happen! I will post pictures after I get to really go and take good pictures of the inside. And we are going to do a little painting too. I am so excited! the kitchen is to absolutely die for! I can see holiday dinners happening already! Oh and it has a sun room!!! RIGHT IN THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE!!!! Can't you just see a big pretty Christmas tree in the middle of the window come November 26th-ish?? :) I CAN! :)


Also I have my bridals coming up in June....I am so excited and I just know Jay is going to do a great job of making me look all dolled up and pretty! :)


And even more exciting is my first shower is June 4th in Valdosta! I can't wait! I am just so excited to get to see everyone and that means that after that shower things are going to start flying by thank goodness! So I request your prayers for me over the next 3 1/2 months that I keep my sanity and that I can just make it through work and wedding festivities with as little stress as possible! :) Thanks for listening to me vent! :)


9 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh the joys of wedding planning! I promise though, you won't look back at half the stuff and even think twice about it! For the invitations I will say, I bought them at Target and had them printed and they were even on clearance! SOOO much cheaper! Your groomsmen and bridesmaids will love what ever you pick out for them just because it's from you. And I'm not sure what your theme is but etsy has really great ideas in their wedding section! It's amazing how much easier it is to think about wedding stuff when it isn't you getting married, right? I know that everything will be perfect no matter what and you will be gorgeous and most importantly you will be marrying the man of your dreams! Love you Leigh!

Rebecca said...

Just think this stress will all be over with in a couple of months!

Congrats on the house!!!!

Kimberly Washer said...

Oh man I love wedding planning!! That was one of the highlights in my life thus far!! You will figure it all out and it will all be perfect! I did the same as Brittany and bought my invitations at Michaels and my dad printed them. That way I could get that black and white with the little pink accent just like I wanted without a huge cost!! OH and we used lots and lots of coupons to buy my invitations. I'm horrible at bargaining, but my uncle is the best so when we were only supposed to use one coupon for all the invitations he got them to use one coupon per pack!!!!! Saved us LOTS of money!! You need to have someone like go with you :). You can go cheap but elegant on the reception. We have lots of tall champagne vases that we used for both my sister and my wedding if you want to use them. Also, my uncle got those monogrammed stickers to put on them for that extra umph! Shoes can be tough, but whatever you decide will look amazing! Brittany is right about the gifts. They are going to love what they get from you! It is really hard to focus on the Honeymoon when trying to plan a wedding that's why it's the guys responsibility to take on that. Of course I had to push Gary everyday to get him to plan ours. I was stressed about that too. However, you do want to make sure it's planned because that is a WELL needed vacation after all the craziness! We didn't do wedding gifts and I can't decide if I'm sad or ok with that. I like the idea, but I also like the idea of just writing each other a sweet note. I just watched a wedding video that had the bride and groom writing their letters to each other and then reading them out loud. It was soooooooooo sweet!!! For your hair, so something timeless. Try not to do something that might be instyle right now because when you look back on your pictures you want to still think you are beautiful on your wedding day...that was some advise people gave me. Sorry my post is forever long. Congrats on the house too! Can't wait to see pics!

Kimberly Washer said...

Here's the link to that video...
http://armosastudios.com/2011/04/29/kasey-stewart-video/

Don Walker said...

Your new blog layout is so cute!!! And all of this will come together and you will love it! Can't wait!!!
Love you!!!

Louise said...

That was actually me....Dad didn't sign out of my computer!!!

Erin Elizabeth said...

So excited for you... remember that these days will fly by....ENJOY them :) Yes, a Christmas tree in the sunroom would be simply perfect! Can't wait for your exciting next few months :)

Athen Bradford said...

send me an invite to the shower =)

Jan said...

Leigh... I can help you with wedding invitations. You can go to my website and browse around.... if you find something you like I will help you order them..... go to
www.invitationsandthensome.cceasy.com
I also have gift ideas for your bridesmaids and groomsmen under personally yours gift ideas. Call me if you need to at 1-800-323-7280 (Colson Printing) I'll help you find what you want! Jan Hampton (Missy's Mom)