Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Update on my life.....

SO I know it's been almost a month since I blogged so I am just going to give a brief summary of everything that has been going on in my life over the past month!

  • Well my last post was about braces.....I have officially had them now for almost a month and I have already made my first payment.....I have a LONG 23 more months a head of me with those payments! The following 2 pictures have been my lifesaver over the past 2 weeks. I absolutely love them!!!

Phillips Sonicare Toothbrush.......LOVE IT!

The Water Pik :) It is like the "water flosser" and I love it!

  • We have had 4 Showers for Louise and Baby Ellie and boy she is spoiled rotten already! I am so excited about her coming and it's hard to believe that it is almost JUST ONE MONTH AWAY!!!! I just can't wait to hold her and love on her! But the showers aren't done yet....we still have 3 more!
  • I celebrated my birthday :) Got the most amazing gifts this year.....A Nikon D3000 camera (from Mom and Dad, Laurie, Nate, and Nate's parents), my very own pair of Costa's (From Nate :)), a trip to Atlanta (Louise and Dirt, Justin and Michelle), and a Coach purse (Taylor and Blake :)! Talk about doing it BIG for my 25th! I have the best family and friends ever! I really do! They outdid themselves this year!
  • We have also celebrated Laurie's birthday too! We all went to Atlanta and had the best time, with the exception of Louise getting a little over heated....but it was so good and so much fun!
  • I got a new boss at work! Keith, my old boss had been Director of Admissions for 17 years and got a promotion so we got Mr. Tim Stickel from Fairbanks, AK.....You read that right......ALASKA! :) He has been great so far kinda excited to see what the future holds with him.
  • All of my freshman have moved in for the year.....THANK GOODNESS! This has been one of the roughest years yet....I think for the whole office....the economy has taken a toll on us this year.
  • We, (me, Laurie, and Louise) got to take Morgan on her first pedicure!!! It was so much fun! We got to witness all her expressive faces and I just love it! She is absolutely one of the funniest children I have ever been around! And I think she actually liked getting it done! I will post pictures of that later!
  • The biggest news is that Laurie and Janet have a set surgery date! It is this Friday, the 13th. I know Friday the 13th....But I am just positive that it is going to be great! I know that the surgery will be successful and Laurie and Janet both will do great! (For those of you that may not know, Laurie is donating her Kidney to Janet, a woman that works with Louise. It has been a long hard road to get to this surgery date but we are so thankful it is finally here! :)) Laurie and Janet both check in Thursday at 10:00 AM. Janet will have to stay at UAB for 3 weeks but hopefully Laurie should be able to come home on Monday. I covet your prayers during this time as we all are travelling and just for everything to go smooth. Laurie would never admit it but I think she is getting nervous and I know Janet is nervous and anxious all in one! So please please remember Laurie and my family, and Janet and her family in your prayers!!

Well I guess that pretty much sums it up! I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and I will post updates from the hospital on Laurie and Janet. I will staying in the hospital room with Laurie so I will probably have some time on my hands to update! :)

2 comments:

Kimberly Washer said...

let Laurie know I'm praying for her! I'm want to see belly pics of Louise too. I guess I look on facebook, but I just love blogging so much and I love to get all of my info from here sometimes!

Adawk said...

please make sure you text me on Friday...Laurie has my number