Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Surgery Day.....I think I have lost count now!

Well we have officially had 2 nights at home. And the days (and nights) have held both ups and downs! But that is part of it! Laurie is being a trooper about it! She is in a good amount of pain and we are still having problems getting her nausea and pain medicines worked out. But hopefully we will get that figured out soon. Please continue to pray for her and her healing. She is a strong woman I know she will get through this but it is really hard on her right now.

Janet is doing good. I talked to her yesterday and she said she had felt bad yesterday but she figured out she has to ask for the pain medicine since they won't just bring it to her every 4 hours. But she is being so strong and pushing through it. Her and Chuck are so thankful every time we talk to them. And I really think they have changed our family's life. It will be a long road for all that have been involved in this and I still ask for your prayers!!

Also, this is a selfish request but I covet everyones prayers for me as I am making some big changes...possibly in the next few weeks! Thanks so much! !

3 comments:

Louise said...

I was wondering if you were going to keep counting the days. It feels like forever ago but it hasn't even been a week!!!
And it's not selfish to ask for prayers for you!!
And everyone should know that you have been quite the little trooper yourself!!! I know Laurie is so glad she had and has you!!!
I love you!

Melissa Lester said...

There was a collective groan in our ladies class last night when we learned that Laurie was so sick. I'm so sorry to hear that she has been suffering so. She has such an amazing spirit and heart; I am praying her blessings will overflow!

Kimberly Washer said...

Still praying for Laurie and Janet and of course I'll add you to the prayer list!! I hope everything works out with whatever changes are about to occur!