Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SICKNESS!

I absolutely HATE being sick! I hate it hate it hate hate it!!! But last Tuesday I woke up with the worse feeling throat and I thought...oh it will be fine..I have a little cold and in a couple of days I will kick it! Nothing too serious that would keep me down and out! Little did I know then....

So Tuesday about 10 I came on in to work because it was coming up on one of our biggest scholarship days and there was stuff that needed to be done....well after being here for just a short while and talking to Keith we decided I would just take the rest of the day. So I took the rest of the day and Nana and Papa were in town so I spent the afternoon with them and Louise, she took off also! :) It was fun and I didn't feel all that bad by this time....that soon would pass.

Wednesday I woke up and it wasn't really any better so I decided just to stay in bed and get better.

Thursday I woke up and decided I would try to make it at least half a day and so I came in work at about 11. That day was pretty productive getting everything ready for Scholars Day.

We had a snow day on Friday so I was taking that day to my advantage and getting some extra rest. And I did just that...I stayed in bed a majority of the day and still felt horrible.

Well Saturday morning rolled around and I got up to get a shower and got that "feeling". That feeling I know oh too well from before of the "I'm about to pass out in the shower" feeling and just wishing I had brought my phone in the bathroom with me...you would think that I would have learned my lesson the last time but NO! So I sit down and open the shower curtain to get some fresh air...and well lets just say that passing out didn't happen but I would've rathered that then throw up...which happened next. That was it for me...my stubbornness had subsided and I was ready to go to the dr. So as soon as Laurie got home I got ready and we went to try to go to the dr. Well NONE of them opened before 9. So we went back home and I crawled back in bed til 8:45. We got there right as it opened and well IT WAS PACKED and HOT in the waiting room. I was in 3 layers and before long I got "that feeling" again and started striping off layers in the waiting room. At first I thought I was going to pass out and all I wanted to do was lay on the floor and well Laurie was NOT going to let me lay on that nasty floor. And besides if I passed out maybe that would move me ahead in the line right?!?! Sometimes you just gotta take one for the team!! After the pass out phase passed, I knew what was coming next. I was trying to scan the room for a bathroom and the only one was OUT OF ORDER! GREAT! Just my luck! So then Laurie gets up and and starts yelling at the ladies to get her a blue bag...I was about to throw up and I needed it. So finally I got my blue bag and luckily...if that works here...I just had dry heaves...which well still hurts just as bad and is still just as embarrassing!

Finally we got called back and the woman was so nice. The temperature difference was about 20 degrees cooler in the back than in the front. It was a nice change of pace except I was having chills now. So we get back to the "symptoms room" as I like to call it. She ask me when my last cycle was and on my birth control I have very light to none every month. (In case you are wondering...No it never worries me because I know that is what it's supposed to do AND I'M NOT HAVING SEX...That is a key point here...but I guess most single 24 yr olds are :)) And I go over all my symptoms; sore throat, a little nauseated from the drainage, headache, and a very low temperature for a day. She looks at me kinda funny and ask, "Are you pregnant?" Well me and Laurie both laugh. I look at her and say, "If I am I know a couple people that are going to be pretty ticked! My boyfriend for starters!! And NOT because its his!!" She laughs and we go on talking about my symptoms...and she looks at me again and says, "ARE YOU SURE YOU AREN'T PREGNANT??" By this point I am like YES I AM SURE I AM NOT PREGNANT!....and Laurie is sitting there saying, "Leigh if you are this is a VERY BAD way and weekend to tell me!! :)".

So finally after I get that through her head we get to go to a room. She comes in the room and says someone will be with us shortly to take blood. My face went white...I was a little panicked since the last time we were at pri-med and had to have blood taken the guy that TRIED to get it, TRIED 6 TIMES AND STILL COULDN'T!! I was in so much pain and miserable! But this time I was just hoping it was a girl...and about that time she walked back in and said it would be her that was going to be taking the blood. I was still nervous but I just looked the other way and she got it on the first try. :) I was REALLY happy about that! A few minutes passed and the Dr. came in and told me that the blood samples came back fine and it looked and sounded like I had an upper respiratory infection....(side note here is that this SAME TIME LAST YEAR-Valentines day-I had this SAME THING!!)...and that I needed to get my prescription and be in bed for the next 48 hrs. So that is exactly what I did. :)

So fast forward to say that I am finally back among the land of the living and feeling ok today. ;)
Just thought some of you might enjoy that little story :)

2 comments:

Louise said...

Glad you are feeling better!! I love you!

LaurieR said...

Glad you are finally over and glad you at least got some rest out of it! Sorry your big sister is such a bad example about going to the Doctor and left you sick and weary to go to the ballgame! If it's any consolation, I REALLY missed you there! Keep chewing those gummies so you don't get sick for a LONG time! ily