Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Blog I've Wanted to Write for a LONG Time! :)

Well it's been a long time coming for this blog! I am so excited I just can't hardly stand it! So let me just start from the beginning!

This past month has been crazy for me! I have been getting over Christmas, and preparing for Jewels. It's an all girls youth rally that Faulkner hosts, that I have to plan every detail with the tremendous help of my co workers Erin and Molly! It was the weekend of the 22nd. That took every bit of my focus! In the midst of that, my best friend Taylor's husband came home from Afghanistan. Saturday the 30th was spent cleaning to get my house back to where I could live in it! So on Sunday the 31st it was going to be just as busy! Nathan and I left right after church Sunday morning and went to Newnan to meet his parents and sister for his sisters birthday lunch! We got there and ate at Ruby Tuesday then walked around and shopped for alittle bit with them, then it was back to Montgomery. :) We got back just in time to make it for church.
Mom and Dad had come in to spend a few days with us and celebrate Louise's birthday! Dad and Dirt walked into church and mom, Laurie, and Louise were all trying to finish up a 31 party that Laurie had that Sunday afternoon. (They all walked in a few minutes later! :)) So after church we decided that we would go to Jason's Deli (Louise's favorite restaurant) to eat. It was fun and Seth, Kesha, and Devin joined us for dinner! After dinner we went to Louise's house and just hung out for a little bit. After everyone left, the family was just sitting there and Laurie and I were about to leave. Louise got up and said she had been working on a new project and she wanted us to look at them. At that point I wasn't thinking anything was up because Louise is crafty and creative and always trying new things. So we all get our card (attached below!) and all start reading it....I look around and see Mom and Laurie's faces and I just scream at Louise.... "ARE YOU KIDDING ME????" And at that point I knew she wasn't! I was so excited....I started crying, of course, and just hugged her and Dirt! She was very creative with the way she told us!


So now is part to gush about how spoiled this precious child is going to be and where I ask you all to keep Louise, Dirt and our precious new baby in your prayers! Our parents have told us from the beginning that they were praying for us before we were ever thought of and I know that is true. And i know Louise and Dirt have been praying for this little one! Louise is going to be the BEST mommy and we have all known it since she was about 12 and babysitting. She was meant to be a mom! :) If there were ever 2 people that were made to be parents, they are it. they are precious with Morgan and I know that no matter what sex, they will be so excited!! (Even though I selfishly REALLY want a little girl!! :))
These are just a few pictures that I think are appropriate!
This is totally Louise's child!
And I just thought this was too cute :)
This is where he is his father's child! LOL
And well this is fitting because this will be the closest holiday to his/her birthday!! :)


SO there is my BIG news!!! I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!! YAY!!






7 comments:

LaurieR said...

When this baby pops out a boy I am going to tell him how I always wanted a boy and thought we were full up on estrogen in this family! Just kidding! I absolutely can't wait to meet this kid! I might be a llittle partial but I think he/she is going to have some pretty awesome aunts! ily! Love, Aunt La :^)

Louise said...

I just need to know why the baby with the big (bug) eyes seems like my child?!?!? :)
Thanks for everything!
I love you!

The Adventures of Baby Bond said...

Yay, Yay, Yay! I think my first words in response were, "Are you kidding, Are you lying, Is this really true!" By then I knew it was true and the screams and tears came flowing! How exciting!!!!

Adawk said...

Leigh-if you or Laurie or Louise need any practice you can come stay with me....or I can bring Avie to you:)

Congratulations!!!!

Kristin said...

Congrats Leigh! You will be a wonderful aunt!

The Holtons said...

You will be an aunt but I will be a GREAT AUNT!!! Can't wait-boy or girl-they will be ROTTEN!!!

Moma said...

Leigh your blog is great! No doubt many prayers will have been said before He/She enters this world to our waiting arms!!! You will be an awesome Aunt and one of the worst in spoiling Him/Her!! Love you through infinity and beyond!!!!
Momma aka Jamie, & Mudge