Thursday, September 4, 2008

So a little down time = time to write a blog!

Well hello to all!! =) I know its been a while for a post I have just been busy with everything this past month. I hope its about to start slowing down some. I start my full travel schedule next week with my college fairs and I am interested to see how that all goes. I am kinda nervous about everything because this is my 1st real fall with my job, and Keith reminds me EVERYDAY that the fall is a critical time. And I definitely believe him. I will be down in the pan handle next week for 2 days then in south Alabama for 3 days. But on the upside of things...this weekend is the Samford football game and I am super excited, not only for the fact that its Faulkner's 1st football game this season, but my very own Laurie will be color commentating. =) Just call her Holly Rowe!! (For all of you non-devoted ESPN fans, she is the sideline color commentator, and she is freakin awesome at it!) I am so excited for her!! I really hope this opens some doors for her to get out 911. She really is so unhappy working there, and in case you don't really know the walker girls (and I say Walker bc Louise is much better at this than Laurie and I are) aren't really the best at leaving work at work and not taking it out on the person at home. So I REALLY hope things work out!! And regardless I really think she enjoys being in the football office too! It definitely was a HUGE job to step into, 8 guys who have had no womanly direction in the office nor any organization, and she has done remarkably down there!! And I think the guys all really like her!! Another perk is that Laurie, Louise, and I usually always get to eat lunch together which is fun...and I think has helped everything alot!! =) Another good thing going on right now is that Laurie and I have taken on a roommate for a little while to help us catch up and save some money. Ashley Hamrick came in the same year I did at Faulkner and we actually graduated together too!! =) And she also works with me and I absolutely love her!! She has really helped me out the past few months or so. And Laurie really likes her too so that works out GREAT also!! As far as the boy goes...Nathan is still in the picture and I am quite happy with that!! We have so much fun and I absolutely LOVE his family...and of course they LOVE me to death...which I mean I know, who wouldn't?!?! LOL JK!! But I really do enjoy being around them! He is from Adairsville, GA which is about an hour from Trenton, GA. Which is very convinent because when we go see his family we normally get to see mine or vice versa!! =) Also, Adairsville COC, where he attends, is a really big supporter of the Philipines Mission and daddy just recently went and spoke about the last mission trip. Which while there actually got to meet Nathan's parents. Which was so nerve racking for me because neither Nathan nor I could go. SO they were just on their own! But as far as I can tell, it went pretty good!! And both sides said they really enjoyed the time to visit! =) Well I think that is all I have for now! I will try to be better now that its somewhat slowed down some!! Love you all!!

4 comments:

LaurieR said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence but, it has to be said, you are a worse blogger than me!!!! :^)
ily

Louise said...

Hope you are taking good news from your trip for the blog! Be careful!!! Love you!! :)

Kristen said...

Glad to see that you are back with us!

Melissa Lester said...

It sounds like you and Nathan are a perfect match! My brother, whom I adore, is named Nathan, so I just assume this guy must be wonderful. And from your comments, it sounds like he is!