Tuesday, September 16, 2008

College fairs, Cornerstone, and Traveling oh my....

am I tired of traveling now!! I like traveling, don't get me wrong, but I mean I am not fond of the whole being gone a whole week. And i say a whole week, I was on and off home at night but I was gone most of all the days. The college fairs were alot of fun though...much more than I thought they were going to be! There were some creepy guys that thought they would hit on me even after they asked if I was dating anyone and I said yes, they still asked me out...it was ridiculous!! But it was overall a lot of fun!! I met a lot of kids and got a few applications! Which I know doesnt sound like a lot but it really was...considering the fairs! I have really enjoyed actually recruiting this year! It is crazy but I really think I will do a lot better, as far as numbers are concerned, this year. I feel like me being here all year will be much better and I will be able to actually start sorting out everyone before January! :) On friday I had 2 college fairs then I came back here and met cornerstone to leave with them and go to Summerdale, AL for the night. and needless to say that was interesting and fun! (Insert here that we were going down to a church that Tracy Moore, who was in Cornerstone and his brother Slate Moore, both worked!) This is where you need to remember, or if you haven't known me for long, that once upon a time I was very much so in love with Mr. Slate Moore who sang in Cornerstone...funny how now I am with a former cornerstone memeber?!?! LOL But it is always so funny to go down there and see him, it brings back so many childhood memories! :) Oh the many many roadtrips that momma took me, louise, brittany, and Bobbie on! Man we were the ultimate cornerstone groupies!! :) Funny how things work out?!?! But not get off on that whole tangent! But other than that life is good! Laurie, Nate and I are going to look at cars this afternoon again. Dirt, Laurie and I looked last night but didnt have alot of luck!! I have a good feeling today is the day!!! :) There is a really pretty Altima, Corrola, and Camry we are looking at today! I am pretty excited for her!! I know she was not really having so much fun but I feel like today she will get that "wedding dress car shoppers feeling". :) (If you would like to know what feeling I am talking about...please ask her to explain that one to you! LOL) This weekend is also a big weekend for me! We have our 2nd Faulkner Football home game and Nate's family is coming in for the weekend! And we both are really excited about that!! And on top of that my mommy and daddy are coming into town for the football game on Saturday so I am super pumped!! I don't get to see them enough so it is always exciting to see them! :) But I think that pretty much updates my blog for the time being!! I am really trying to do better!! :)

2 comments:

LaurieR said...

I found a car...but no feeling! ILY

Louise said...

Whatever...the feeling probably won't come out because of her negative feelings toward it!! :)